Who We Are
Geo Bay Wildlife Rescue Inc (A1042122A) is a registered charity with the Australia Charities and Not for Profits Commission. We cover the area of Geographe Bay from Yallingup through to Capel.
We strongly believe in the values of Respect, Integrity, Empathy, Transparency and Accountability. Our dedicated volunteers work tirelessly 365 day a year to save the lives of injured, sick or abandoned wildlife in South West WA.
We provide wildlife with care and rehabilitation services to enable them to be returned to their native habitat. This includes the critically endangered Western Ringtail Possum, brushtail and other possums, native birds and long neck turtles.
We provide awareness and education to the general public about protecting and helping local fauna and their native homelands
Our aims are to:
We work closely with the community, local veterinarians, the Department of Parks and Wildlife and other wildlife groups in pursuit of our aims to ensure the best outcome for all wildlife, especially sick, injured or abandoned in our region.
- Reduce the incidence of wildlife needing rehabilitation through education and awareness programs
- Train and resource our rehabilitators to ensure the best outcome for wildlife in our care.
- Answer/return calls from the public promptly.
- Provide advice and/or attend to rescues of injured and/or abandoned wildlife in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with vets and wildlife rehabilitators to ensure the most appropriate care/medical attention is given to all wildlife in our care.
- Provide ongoing, appropriate, specialised care for orphaned or sick native wildlife to enable them to recuperate, grow or regain their strength prior to release.